Jessie Shappell, IIDA, RA, WELL AP, LEED AP BD+C
I have been fascinated with floor plans and building interiors for as long as I can remember. I was always an artistic kid, but as I grew older, I realized that I could channel my inherent love of art and design into a meaningful career.
- 17 Years of Experience
- Master of Science in Interior Architecture (MSIA) / Chatham University
- Bachelor of Science in Interior Design / Art Institute of Pittsburgh
- Certification, National Council for Interior Design Qualifications (NCIDQ)
- Certification, National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- Board Member, Council for Interior Design Qualification (CIDQ)
- WELL Accredited Professional
- LEED Accredited Professional, Building Design + Construction
- Registered Architect, Pennsylvania
Jessie's first job
In both high school and college, I worked at Friendly's restaurants. Beyond learning how to craft a perfect ice cream cone, I also developed valuable skills that have helped me later in life, such as customer relations, problem-solving, time management, and organization skills.
Vanilla ice cream is still my favorite; it's practically a condiment at my house!
Her favorite book
Having been a lifelong Little House fan, the stories in Laura Ingalls Wilder's autobiography, Pioneer Girl, are so endearing that I cannot help but read them over and over again. I love that no matter how hard life was, her family always found ways to enjoy life's simple gifts.
Jessie's most prized possession
My passport is probably my most prized possession. I have an incurable case of wanderlust, so there is no greater joy for me than travelling abroad and experiencing new places. The German word fernweh – which has no English translation – describes an innate urge to travel to faraway places. As with all "sufferers" of fernweh, I am constantly looking forward to my next trip and all of the wonderful experiences to come.
But when she wants to relax
As much as I love to explore new places, there is nothing more comforting than being at home and reading a book with my two French bulldogs by my side.
What she likes best about working at RLPS
In the words of Aristotle, "Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work." RLPSers are very passionate about what they do – that’s why the quality of work is so good. It’s a very inspiring place to work.