Deborah Kimmet, IIDA, LEED AP ID+C
Most of us spend the majority of our days indoors, so it’s important that we as designers do everything we can to provide environments that are not only beautiful and functional, but also healthy and sustainable.
- 17 Years of Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Human Resources - Interior Design, Minor in Art History / University of Delaware
- Associate Degree in Architectural Technology / Harrisburg Area Community College
- Certification, National Council for Interior Design Qualifications (NCIDQ)
- Member, International Interior Design Association (IIDA)
- LEED Accredited Professional, Interior Design + Construction
Deb’s first job
My first job was working in a general store, at a campground. I learned about dealing with people, how to make change, and not to pull the first $100 bill you ever saw out of the register to show your friend. Because, yes, that is when your boss will return!
Inspiration to become an interior designer
Since childhood, and even still, I’ve had dreams of going through a huge home and all of the rooms were different. I loved it! I couldn’t wait to see what was next!
Her most prized possession
Food that Deb can’t live without
Chocolate, in any form, it’s like oxygen for the soul.